For other STBBIs, they are not detected by Prélib. Refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Once you have made your appointment, you can change it without penalty up to 4 hours before the scheduled time via your MyPrélib file.
Changing your appointment, less than 4 hours before the scheduled time, may result in an administrative fee of $15, plus applicable taxes and you will have to pay the costs associated with the teleconsultation.
An email will be sent to you no later than 7 business days after your screening test in order to schedule a telephone consultation. This consultation is important, whether your results are negative or positive.
Your results will be available online in your my Prélib file right after your telephone conversation with one of our Prélib health professionals.
If you test positive or need more tests to be done, you will also be contacted by phone and email. This will allow our team to guide you depending on your result.
If you have difficulty consulting or understanding your results, contact us via email at email@example.com.
Your personal and medical information is kept securely in accordance with Quebec and Canadian laws.
We prioritize respect and confidentiality.
It depends on where you get your samples analysed.
– If the analysis is done in the public sector, you will obtain your results within 7 business days.
– If the analysis is done in the private sector Dynacare, the delay is 1 business day.
– If the results of your samples are still not online 3 weeks after your screening test, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you promptly. Note that an additional delay is possible due to the context of COVID-19.
The time required to detect a disease (commonly called the ‘window period’ in medecine) differs from one STBBI to another.
– Chlamydia: 14 days
– Gonorrhea: 7 days
– Syphilis: 12 weeks
– Hepatitis B: 12 weeks- Hepatitis C : 12 weeks
– HIV: 8 weeks
A form will be given to you during your appointment at Prélib. With this form, you will be able to claim the costs of your medical consultation in your province of residence. Our medical teleconsultation services will cost you $41.50, plus applicable taxes (free if you are under 21). The transportation fees and analysis of the samples in a private laboratory vary according to the number of samples. As an example, screening and analysis fees in a private laboratory can range between $150 and $375.
Due to COVID-19, our teleconsultation medical services are temporarily offered free of charge. We will reimburse your online costs during your appointment.
You only need to pay the cost of transporting your samples to the analytical lab – it costs between $5 to $15 plus applicable taxes (free if you are under 21). You will simply need to present a copy of your government issued certificate that contains your identification number.
Our medical teleconsultation services will cost you $41.50, plus applicable taxes (free if you are under 21). The transportation fees and analysis of the samples in a private laboratory vary according to the number of samples. As an example, a thorough screening test can cost between $200 and $300.
If you are a Canadian citizen or if you are covered by the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP), continue reading, there is a clarification for you below.
Due to COVID-19, our teleconsultation medical services are temporarily offered free of charge.
You only need to pay the cost of transporting your samples to the analytical lab – it costs between $5 to $15 plus applicable taxes (free if you are under 21).
If your health insurance covers the cost of doing the screening in a private clinic, you can also choose this option. You will obtain your results faster.
The whole process should be completed under 20 minutes.
Three options are offered:
– Public sector: you will obtain your results within 10 business days. There is a charge of $15 for transporting your samples to the hospital.
– Private sector: you will receive your results within 1 business day. Fees range from $150 to $375.
– Prélib can also give you the prescription so that you can do your screening tests at the location of your choosing.
Prélib cannot detect the following STBBBIs:
– Hepatitis A,
– Genital herpes
– Genital warts or condylomata, like HVP.
If you have any doubts about these STBBIs, consult a health care professional at an in-person clinic.
Prélib offers an assessment service for screening non-symptomatic STBBIs. If you have symptoms, lesions, or have had contact with an STBBI, an assessment by a health care professional at an in-person clinic is recommended.
Prélid nees some of your personal information in order to:
– Send you your results.
– Contact you if you test positive.
– Pay the electronic medical consultation fees (if applicable).
– Assess your risk of contracting an STBBI and provide you with personalized recommendations.
– Report any positive result to the Public Health Agency where it will be stored in a secure database as required by law.
– Refrain from urinating an hour of the test.
– Bring a valid ID and your Quebec health insurance card (RAMQ), if you have one.
– Bring your debit or credit card to pay the fees.
In the following cases, you need to consult a health care professional in an in-person clinic instead of using Prélib services:
– You have symptoms of an STBBI.
– One of your partners has been diagnosed with an STBBI
– You have had non-consensual sex (sexual assault)
– You are pregnant
– You are under 15 years old
Prélib works in collaboration with the Quorum clinic where it is possible to get an appointment quickly, if you wish.
Just go online at www.cliniquequorum.com or call 514-360-0614 to schedule the meeting. You can also go to the walk-in service during opening hours.
If you prefer to go to another clinic or consult your family doctor, you may do so as well. It is most important that you follow up on the recommandations provided by Prélib and seek treatment if results are positive.
These are the costs of transporting your samples to the laboratory.
The fees cover the special and controlled conditions required to transport these samples.
You will have to pay these transportation fees during your visit at the Prélib center. They cost $5, plus applicable taxes, if there is no blood sample, and $15, plus applicable taxes, if there are blood samples.
If you prefer doing your screening test elsewhere than at Prélib, you can come and pick up your file from the center, at no additional cost.
Prélib services are recommended in the following cases:
– You want to pass a routine screening test for STBBIs.
– You are in a stable relationship and wish to stop using condoms.
– You have doubts about your present or past sexual partners.
– You’ve come into contact with another person’s blood.
The appointment slots are visible after you have registered online. It is often possible to get your appointment the same day, or the following day.